Virgin Australia Pride Flight set for take-off
- Virgin Australia ‘Pride Flight’ will return to the sky on Friday 4 March 2022 with two fabulous pride services departing Brisbane and Melbourne, destined for Australia’s largest annual gay and lesbian celebration in Sydney.
- 2022 will mark the first time a Virgin Australia-operated Pride Flight will depart Melbourne following the success of the Pride Flight which departed Brisbane last year.
- Hosted by RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under alumni, Maxi Shield and Coco Jumbo, limited Pride Flight seats are now on sale with set price Business and Economy fares available to book at virginaustralia.com/prideflight. $30 from the sale of each Pride Flight ticket will be donated to the Minus 18 LGBTQIA+ youth charity.
- Virgin Australia customers can book Pride Flight tickets now and pay later with Zip at check out, with no upfront payment and no surcharge. Fees apply^^.
- Change and cancellation fees waived^
Wednesday 2 February 2022: Virgin Australia will take equality mile-high next month, with the airline today announcing the return of its annual Pride Flight services to Sydney, ahead of the country’s largest gay and lesbian celebration.
Promising to be two of the most fabulous flights ever operated, Virgin Australia Pride Flight services to Sydney will depart Brisbane and Melbourne on Friday 4 March 2022 – the first time the airline has operated a Pride Flight from the southern capital – with tickets now on sale at www.virginaustralia.com/prideflight.
Hosted by Maxi Shield and Coco Jumbo of RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under fame, together with award-winning Sydney drag royalty and Virgin Australia cabin crew member, Penny Tration, alongside Tora Hymen, will make Pride Flight a celebration not to be missed.
The all-inclusive flights will include a pre-flight departure party, celebrity appearances, mid-air drag performances, bottomless beverages, including pumping DJ entertainment, and all of the trimmings you’d expect from a pride celebration, including rainbows, glitter and a whole lot of fabulous!
Seats are expected to sell-out fast, with one-way Economy tickets $150 and Business Class tickets $399. $30 from the sale of each ticket will be donated to Minus18, an Australian charity improving the lives of LGBTQIA+ youth.
Virgin Australia Group Chief People Officer, Lisa Burquest said she is proud to lead a company that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness.
“Every year, we are fortunate to fly guests to Australia’s largest gay and lesbian celebration in Sydney, and as the ultimate festival of love, acceptance and inclusivity, we could not miss the opportunity to bring our wonderful Pride Flight celebration back again in 2022.
“This year not only will we operate a Pride Flight from Brisbane, but we are doubling our pride services to also include the first Virgin Australia-operated Pride Flight from Melbourne, and we expect tickets to sell-out quickly.
“Virgin Australia is incredibly focussed on recognising and celebrating the wonderfully diverse community in which we live, work and fly, and our Pride Flight is a true testament of that. We are so proud of our inclusive culture, where everyone belongs and is encouraged to be their authentic self.
“This year $30 from the sale of each Pride Flight ticket will be donated to Minus 18 who do incredible work in the community to lead change and build social inclusion for young people and we’re really proud to partner with them.
“They say there’s a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow and our Pride Flight is certainly as precious as gold,” she said.
Pride Flight host and Virgin Australia cabin crew member Penny Tration said she can’t wait to return to the skies in her red uniform, glitter and sky-high heels.
“I’ve been flying with Virgin Australia for 15 years and it’s an honour to share our team’s unique culture, the heart and soul of the airline, with you all. Virgin Australia has gone to great lengths to unlock its culture and harness the spirit of its people and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of the Pride Flight while rocking my sky-high stilettos,” she laughed.
For more information and to book, visit: www.virginaustralia.com/prideflight