TrailHopper a great option for McLaren vale Wine region
McLaren Vale Hop On Hop Off Tour – City Pick Up & Return
Tour Days – Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon
Offering our services with our wonderful winery partners! Can’t wait to have you onboard with us soon.
While we are super keen to offer our amazing tour experience again, please know there are some important changes you need to be aware of before you book with us:
- Most wineries now require bookings, and many have implemented paid tastings (this is regardless of group size, and whether you’re driving yourself or on TrailHopper). So please know you’ll need to organize your group’s day in advance by booking in to your desired venues before the tour departs. Our InfoPack contains all you need to know about the venues on this tour and we’re always on hand to help. We know this isn’t ideal, but it’s out of our hands.
- We have introduced additional Covid-19 safety protocols to protect guests and staff, which you can read about via the ‘Golden Rules‘ page (this info is also in the InfoPack).
The best part is that the wine, the scenery, and the sheer enjoyment of being out on tour with us is as special as always.
Lose yourself in the spectacular vistas of McLaren Vale on our hop on, hop off wine tour departing Adelaide City (click here for In Region pick ups)…
Just 40 minutes south of Adelaide, McLaren Vale boasts a spectacular mix of the ‘old’ and the ‘new’ set in a lush coastal location. Whether it’s the wine styles, the vineyards or the cellar doors, you’ll find McLaren Vale’s blend of tradition and innovation to be unforgettable.
Our customers agree that trail hopping is the best way to tour your way – be sure to download our handy InfoPack containing everything you need to plan your day, including a description of each venue you can visit, our tips for planning ahead, and of course the coveted timetable!
These Adelaide City Return tickets (from the Stamford Plaza Hotel) are just $69.95pp on weekdays and $79.95pp on weekends (‘In Region’ pickups are $59.95pp on weekdays and $69.95 on weekends). With prices like these TrailHopper is easily the most affordable option for touring your way. Please know an increasing number of wineries are charging for tasting, please inquire with each winery directly for their latest tasting fees. Also lunch is not included in the ticket price.
Large Groups (7+)
For all large groups of 7+ guests, before you book please ensure you have read our Large Groups page so you understand how it works on TrailHopper, and then please call the office on 08 8271 4485 so we can discuss your requirements and help you plan your day. As there is a bit more planning involved with large groups, we know you’ll appreciate the help our friendly staff provide.
Please see our Golden Rules for helping you to get the most out of your day.
Set along the Fleurieu coastline, McLaren Vale offers lush rolling vines and hill top views over the valley and to the sea. Many wineries are optimally sited to offer spectacular vistas, with picnic areas and benches for all to enjoy.
These days McLaren Vale is as much known for its newer wine styles such as Sangiovese and Barbera as it is for the more traditional Shiraz, Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon. Shiraz still accounts for 50% of the crush and for good reason – any fan of big dry reds will love the world class Shiraz coming out of this region.
Our trail makes the most of McLaren Vale’s rich and varied food offerings, and there are options to suit every taste and budget. Whether it’s a grazing platter of local produce, fine dining, or one of the numerous cafes and bakeries in the township, we’ve got you covered. Alternatively bring a picnic and perch on the hilltop at Kay Brothers enjoying serenity and stunning views.
We are proud to give you McLaren Vale as though you were driving yourself. Join us in the city or within the region and hop on or off along our trail as you please. Having too good a time at a particular cellar door, or enjoying lunch a little too much? Stay on and catch a later bus! With a bit of planning (and one of our handy Info packs!) you truly can Tour Your Way.
Touring Your Way, In a Nutshell…
- Collection and return from Adelaide CBD (Stamford Plaza Hotel) or within the region itself
- Regular timetable you can rely on (see below)
- Hop on or off at any stop along the way (so long as you have booked!)
- Stay as long you like at any stop
- Maximise your wine budget
- No need for drink driving or designated drivers
- Amazing food options to suit all tastes and budgets
- World class wines
- Spectacular scenery
- Unforgettable cellar door experiences