These are my personal subjective recommendations,…I have tasted all these wines on numerous occasions,..and after 30 years in the wine trade and having worked as a Wine Journalist and Publisher (and judged wine at Vinitaly otherwise known as the Concorso Enolgico del Mondo at least twice),…I reckon I can spot “a good wine of good value”,…If these wines were available with other retailers,..they would be at least 30% more expensive,..and I don’t think any of my “wine journo” colleagues would disagree! Many of the labels that decorate the wines are not super smart or attractive in design terms,..but as the saying goes “don’t judge a book by its cover! Of course, there are many “label drinkers” out there who agonize and fuss about the prestige of a well-designed label,..well that’s ok too.
You can self-select a Box of these wines, a Metric Dozen,..for a Total Average price bottle of less than $10 !!
How good is that?
-A.C. Byrne & Co Margaret River Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 750ml
Tasting Notes :
An excellent example of why Margaret River is so famous for the “SSB or Semillon Sauvignon Blanc style” It’s crisp and delicate with citrus blossom, lemon and passionfruit. The wine has a purity of fruit and good intensity, crisp acidity and length,….and I would personally rate it better than the old benchmark Houghton’s White Burgundy.
This wine is a good aperitif and goes well with shellfish, oysters and seafood.
This wine has won a whole swag of medals,…
- 2019 International Wine Challenge – Bronze Medal – 2018 Vintage
- 2019 Sydney Royal Wine Show – Bronze Medal – 2019 Vintage
- 2019 Perth Royal Wine Awards – Bronze Medal – 2019 Vintage
- 2019 Royal Adelaide Wine Show – Bronze Medal – 2019 Vintage
- 2019 RNCAS National Wine Show of Australia – Bronze Medal – 2019 Vintage
- 2019 Riverina Wine Show – Bronze Medal – 2019 Vintage
- 2019 China Wine & Spirits Competition ‘Best Value’ – Gold Medal – 2018 Vintage