The Australian Government has passed the Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Secure Jobs, Better Pay) Act 2022. This legislation introduces new workplace laws and changes a range of existing rules.
Some of these changes started on 7 December 2022, while others start later.
The new laws and rules relate to:
- prohibiting pay secrecy and job ads that contravene the Fair Work Act
- flexible work and fixed term contracts
- anti-discrimination and prohibiting workplace sexual harassment
- unpaid parental leave changes
- enterprise agreements and enterprise bargaining
- equal remuneration and establishing expert panels
- changes to the small claims process
- abolition of the Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC) and the Registered Organisations Commission (ROC).
We have more information on our website: Secure Jobs, Better Pay: Changes to Australian workplace laws.
We’re updating our website and resources as the changes come into effect. We’ll keep you informed about important updates that affect you.
If you know someone who should get our emails, forward this email to them and encourage them to subscribe to our email updates. It only takes a few minutes to sign up.
You can also follow us on social media for other updates.