I love the way good basic recipes can be rejigged to suit different occasions and ingredients. I originally made a mango, lime and crème fraîche sorbet (more accurately called a sherbet, see FAQ on website for details); when I needed something to accompany a friend’s chocolate tart, I used the base recipe to create this raspberry version.
It’s also fun served in mini waffle cones to feed a crowd, and delicious with a wild raspberry eau de vie, like Massenez Framboise Sauvage.
- 375g raspberries
- ½ cup raspberry syrup (see below)
- ¼ cup glucose syrup
- 1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
- 200ml crème fraîche
- Place raspberries, raspberry syrup, glucose and lime juice in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Pass through a fine sieve into a large bowl.
- Whisk in crème fraîche and lime zest and churn in an ice cream machine until frozen. Once churned, you may need to give it a stir to distribute the lime zest evenly as it tends to stick to the blades of the churn.
- Transfer to a container and place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve in mini waffle cones, alongside chocolate tart or on its own for a refreshing summer dessert.