PERROTTET ADMITS HIS FEES & CHARGES ON SMALL BUSINESSES HAVE SURGED
The Perrottet Government has today made an extraordinary admission that fees, charges & taxes on small businesses under the NSW Liberals have surged.
Dominic Perrottet is announcing relief for small businesses to help pay for the very fees and charges on small businesses that have surged under the NSW Liberals.
The NSW Liberals have a history of offering token rebates after massively jacking up fees, taxes and charges.
- NSW is the now the highest taxing state in the country. State and local taxes are now $4795 per person.
- In 2011 they were $3257.
- They have surged $1,538 or 47 per cent.
- Trucks and cars have to pay $100 billion in tolls – all to private toll road operators.
- The Government’s rebate barely even covers the NSW Liberals’ broken promise that businesses would be $430 a year better off on their energy bills.
- Instead bills are up 26 per cent in the last six months alone.
NSW Labor’s fresh start for small business
NSW Labor will back the state’s small businesses by ramping up local procurement as well as empowering small business by improving engagement with government, including:
- ramping up local procurement from small business;
- improving engagement between small business and government by establishing a NSW Business Bureau to navigate regulation and processes, as well as engage with overseas markets; and
- creating a Charter for Small Business to provide small business with a voice and seat at the government policy making table.
NSW Labor will also slash tolls for tradies and truck drivers along the M5 East and the M8, immediately helping to ease the burden of increasing tolls crippling small businesses who need to move around Sydney.
Quotes attributable to Daniel Mookhey, NSW Shadow Treasurer:
“It’s robbing Peter to pay Paul.
“Every time the NSW Liberals announce a rebate you know it’s because they have jacked-up fees and charges, put a toll on it or sold it off.”
Quotes attributable to Steve Kamper, NSW Shadow Minister for Small Business:
“Jacking up fees, charges, tolls and taxes, and then offering a rebate is just a reverse bait and switch.
“Electricity prices are higher because small businesses are paying super profits to the privatised Ausgrid and Endeavour energy.”
Please Donate to the Sydney Times
Help us to continue bringing you unfiltered Media Releases & Agreggated News from source,.. and allowing you the chance to form your own opinion