ONE NATION PARTY’S MARK LATHAM ANNOUNCEs HIS WESTERN SYDNEY POLICY AND NINE CANDIDATES
At 11.00 AEST on Saturday 4th March,
NSW State representative of the One Nation party,. Mark Latham A NSW MLC has officially announced the Western Sydney policy and introduced nine One Nation candidates for Western and Southwest Sydney at a private home in Mount Annan.
The Hon. Mark Latham MLC, who has been a vocal advocate for Western Sydney, said “Western and South-Western Sydney have traditionally provided a ‘foot in the door’ for young homebuyers. But this affordability has been lost with rising interest rates, extra ‘green tape’ costs, prohibitive stamp duty and a shortage of available residential land in the region. The Great Australian Dream has ended for many.”
Joined by Ashleigh Murray and Alistair Lawrie and their 3 children (Ayla 2, Aleira 4, Ace 6), Mark Latham discussed the housing affordability and school system policies with the family and plans to reform Western Sydney.
“We will be voting One Nation because of their focus on housing affordability. Wages are low and the cost of living keeps going up which makes the idea of buying a house unobtainable.” Says Mum of three, Ashleigh Murray.
Her partner Alistair Lawrie added “In schools, we need more feedback from teachers and communication around individual children. Hopefully we can remove political topics in schools so they can focus on the core curriculum, basics like Maths, English and Science. We are all about inclusivity, but teachers are not the parents and at the end of the day, parents just want to protect their children.”
The policy critically covers Housing Affordability, Infrastructure, School Education, Energy Security and Law & Order.
Key elements of the policy:
- Giving all homebuyers a choice between upfront stamp duty and a longer term, lower annual levy.
- Reinstate the system of school inspectors with the correct pedagogy and a ban on mobile phones in schools.
- Teaching to a back-to-basics curriculum, without the political content of gender fluidity, Black Lives Matter, unconscious bias, Bruce Pascoe, Australia-hating and other damaging Left-wing agendas.
- Eliminating unnecessary costs on housing construction.
- Immediately increasing the supply of land through new residential releases.
- The construction of Leppington School and Bradfield Hospital.
- The first Indian-Hindu non-government school in the State, to be built in the North-West sector, supporting the high value this large and growing community places on education.
- Stop Matt Kean’s conversion to a new electricity grid and build a new gas-peaking plant in NSW to keep the lights on.
- Lift the ban on nuclear power.
- Abolish Matt Kean’s $138 million electricity tax which is passed straight on to consumers, a 5% increase in an annual electricity bill of $1000.
- Abolish the huge government subsidies paid to renewables, electric vehicles and so- called ‘green energy’ (such as hydrogen), transferring this money to households to bring down the cost of living.
- Oppose the Coalition/Labor/Green policy of lifting the age of criminal responsibility from 10 to 14.
NSW ONE NATION CANDIDATES: