Luxurious backyard Cocktails launch on Uber Eats
Uber Eats is extending the summer session with the ultimate at home minibar – squeezing the trappings of a tiny neighbourhood pub into a six wheeled former military vehicle that Aussies can order to their driveway.
The Bar in a Car, designed to look like a travelling tavern, will have a globally renowned bartender riding along for a mixology masterclass. Serving up the final summer sundowner drinks in style.
Stefano Catino, whose Maybe Sammy venue was listed in the Top 50 Bars in the World list, will be hosting a VIP cocktail experience in the Bar in a Car. After the class, customers will also be able to take away and enjoy the unique cocktail kits at home.
With many Aussies returning to work after the summer holidays, the christening of the car comes fresh on the heels of research undertaken by Uber Eats and Censuswide, that reveals more than half of Aussie’s surveyed would prefer to have a drink at home with family than take part in after work beverages with their teammates.
“On Uber you can go anywhere or get anything – including amazing experiences to share with your family and friends. The Bar in the Car is the perfect way to extend summer at home for one last hurrah before you have to head back to the grind,” said Stefano Catino.
The summer sundowner is alive and well, with 3 in 5 Aussies surveyed admitting they host friends once or more a month and 1 in 9 preferring to socialise with friends at home rather than go to after work drinks.
“Remote work has yielded plenty of advantages but with more than 1 in 6 of Aussies being more likely to work from home on Friday, the end of week knockoff drink has lost some of its sparkle. With Uber Eats featuring thousands of drink options across NSW, VIC and QLD for the end of week tipple, this six wheeled watering hole is a great reminder that Uber Eats is able to bring the bar to you and your neighbours if you are WFH – or delaying your return to the office – with just a few clicks,” said General Manager, Retail Uber Eats ANZ, Lucas Groeneveld.
Information on Bookings:
The Bar in a Car experience is available to book for $40 via the Uber Eats app by searching Bar in a Car.
It includes a 30-minute cocktail experience, delicious nibbles, limited edition goodies and a cocktail kit of your choice to make at home.
The driveway drop off will be available in selected suburbs in Sydney from January 20th for six afternoons, while Melburnians can order their experience between the weekend of January 28th and 29th.
The bar in a car will have bookable slots from 3pm until 930pm on each day it is live.
Be quick as bookings are limited.
Bar in a Car locations:
- Thursday 19 January searchable in Manly
- Friday 20 January searchable in Manly
- Saturday 21 January searchable in Bondi
- Sunday 22 January searchable in Bondi
- Monday 23 January searchable in Summer Hill
- Tuesday 24 January searchable in Parramatta
- Saturday 28 January searchable in Richmond
- Sunday 29 January searchable in St Kilda
The three cocktail kits on offer include:
- The Nightrider – Messina Choc Hazelnut Martini – This delicious cocktail is a martini twist featuring Messina’s famous choc hazelnut spread, premium Vodka, espresso and creamy Baileys. Don’t forget to garnish with some crushed Ferrero Rochers
- The Reverse Park – Brix Spiced Spritz Cocktail – Our Brix rum is infused with native Australian lemongrass, bush currants, roasted Aussie macadamias, mangos, grapefruit, cinnamon, and vanilla. It is the perfect balance of bright citrus and full-bodied sweetness with a lingering depth of spice on the palate that compliments perfectly with our mango and nutmeg spritz..
- The Gearshift – Sloe Gin – Hellfire Bluff – Hand picked berries are macerated in our quality sloe gin from Tasmania to draw out the intense colour and bright ripe flavours resulting in a beautifully sweet aperitif with hints of citrus and spice.
About the Research:
Censuswide abide by and employ members of the Market Research Society which is based on the ESOMAR principles. The research was conducted by Censuswide with 1000 people in Australia. The fieldwork took place between 02.12.2022 – 06.12.2022.
Terms & Conditions
Bar in a Car is operated by Sweet & Chilli Pty Ltd (NSW licence no. LIQP770017023) (S&C). The cocktail experience is for you and 3 guests to experience the Bar in a Car for 30 minutes, where you will attend a mixology masterclass and receive a take home cocktail kit for 5 people. Your booking request is only confirmed when you receive an email confirmation. All occupants must be 18+ with ID, not be intoxicated, not take or consume any alcohol or illegal substances inside the Bar in a Car, and follow S&C’s directions. You must have an available driveway or other private parking space (and easy access to that space) for the Bar in a Car to park on. 1 booking per user and address. Limited availability and locations. S&C may refuse entry, cancel or end your booking early (and/or remove you and your guests) without providing a refund, if you or a guest breach these terms. S&C may reschedule, or cancel and refund, your booking for any reason, including if the Bar in a Car cannot operate as planned due to adverse weather conditions or unavailability of Bar in a Car personnel. To the extent permitted by law, you and each guest accept all risks associated with the Bar in a Car, and S&C and Uber are not liable for any loss or damage (including personal injury, death or property damage) arising in connection with the Bar in a Car. Drink responsibly.