Liven up your fish experience with Sydney’s finest seafood offering
SYDNEY – If you’re a lover of seafood and craving something a little different for your tastebuds, we suggest mixing it up with some hero ingredients and a side of wine to compliment the dining experience.
From Barramundi cooked in a garlic lemon sauce served with your favourite Reisling, to tomato-drenched mussels accompanied by a glass of Pinot Noir, a few simple ingredients paired with your favourite fish will help elevate your meal.
FishMe!, Sydney’s one-stop-shop for the finest, freshest, and biggest seafood delivered right to your door, has a delectable variety of fish to keep bellies full as we head into Autumn, and paired with a staple wine, they’re not to be overlooked.
Baby octopus is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and it’s delicious on barbecues or in a casserole.
- Marinate this wild-caught baby octopus for an hour in white wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and cracked salt and pepper for the perfect tangy and juicy flavour. Fry it in a cast-iron skillet or on the barbeque until golden for the perfect date night dinner.
Fresh Springwater Barramundi Whole Fish 600g – $18.50
Barramundi is one of the most popular catches for recreational fishers and is renowned for its generous size, as well as its buttery, clean white flesh.
- Pair this incredible fresh barramundi with a creamy garlic lemon butter sauce. Sautee minced garlic in a small saucepan with butter until fragrant and golden, stir in lemon juice and dried basil, add salt to taste and remove from the heat. Serve with a fried or steamed whole barramundi to truly ‘wow’ your dinner party.
- We recommend serving this dish with a crisp Riesling or dry Sauvignon Blanc.
Live Australian Mud Crab – $58.00
Mud crabs are known for their meatiness, as well as their sweet, moist, and firm flesh.
- Pair this delicious Australian mud crab with a spicy garlic and chill sauce, made of easy pantry ingredients. Roast a whole bulb of garlic, a small onion, 2 cups of buddy, ground pepper and red chili pepper flakes in the oven at 450 degrees. Add a crab and make sure all the shell is coated in the sauce, cook at 475 degrees for 20 minutes and service with a garnish of lemon.
- Celebrate with a glass of champagne to accompany your crab or a creamy Chardonnay.
Live Spring Bay Black Mussels – $11.95 (per kg)
Spring Bay mussels are award-winning mussels that are popular for fine dining and grown in the pristine waters of Tasmania.
- Warm yourself up on a winters evening with a bowl full of Mussels. We recommend pairing it with a rich tomato sauce for a heavenly flavour. Cook butter, garlic, eschalots, spring onions, tinned tomatoes, Italian herbs, and chilli flakes in a frypan over medium heat. Add mussels to the pan and cook for 10 minutes, then serve.
- Serve with a soft baguette and a glass on Pinot Noir.
*Product prices may be subject to change.
For more information about FishMe, https://fishme.com.au/