Closure of retail businesses-NSW Covid Rules
Most retail premises in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour are closed to the public.
Financial and other assistance is available.
See the COVID-19 Support Package.
Businesses providing essential products and services that can be open include
- grocery stores including
- butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable, seafood
- other food or drink retailers that predominantly sell or display food or drinks
- kiosks and other small food and drink premises
- petrol stations
- banks and financial institutions
- hardware, building supplies
- landscaping material supplies
- agricultural and rural supplies
- shops that, in the normal course of business, operate as or sell and display
- pet supplies
- office supplies
- chemists providing health, medical, maternity and baby supplies or
- liquor stores
- post offices
- garden centres and plant nurseries
- vehicle hire premises, not including the premises at which vehicles are sold;
- shops that predominantly carry out repairs of mobile phones
- laundromats and drycleaners.
Businesses may continue to operate if they provide goods and services to customers that are
- ordered by phone or internet
- delivered to customers
- collected by customers.
A ‘click and collect’ service can also be used by customers to return or exchange goods by prior arrangement either by phone or internet.
Businesses may continue to operate if they provide goods and services to customers and follow the requirements for