- 2 x 140g Fresh Huon Salmon portions – skin off
- 1/2 cup Ponzu sauce
- 1/2 Cup Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion – very thinly sliced
- 1 cup Coriander leaves picked
- Steamed rice to serve
- Mix the ponzu and the oyster sauces in a large bowl. Cut the salmon into bite size pieces then add to the sauce mix.
- Allow to marinate for 20 minutes. Then thread the salmon onto 8 metal skewers.
- Preheat a BBQ hotplate to hot and add a slick of oil. Cook the salmon until the edges start to turn a lovely caramel colour. About 2 minutes each side. Be very gentle so the salmon doesn’t break, and only turn once.
- Serve with sliced red onion and coriander scattered over steamed rice.
*Ponzu sauce and Oyster sauce is available in the Asian section of the supermarket
OUR ALDI WINE RECOMMNDATIONS FOR ABOVE RECIPE
Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc
- Outstanding French value for the wine enthusiast!
- This sauvignon blanc is crisp and delicate with hints of flowers, pineapple, white stone fruits and a touch of minerality
- A versatile food wine that emphasises the Loire sauvignon grape with its specific aromatic and varietal flavours
- Try with: Chicken and Salad
- Region: Loire Valley, France
AWARD WINNER – Best Value Buy – Winestate, Special Edition 2015 + Annual Edition 2016
Vintages may vary from store to store and when delivered. Every effort is made to ensure the current vintage is displayed, however variations can occur.
Kaiora Bay Reserve Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- More power, more flavour intensity!
- This wine is focused and showing more weight, line and concentration
- Add to this a more complex mouthfeel and zing of flavour
- Try with: Seafood and Salads
- Region: Marlborough, NZ
- VINTAGE 2016:AWARD WINNER – Bronze Medal – 2017 Melbourne International Wine CompetitionAWARD WINNER – Gold Medal – 2017 Sydney International Wine CompetitionVINTAGE 2015:AWARD WINNER – Bronze Medal – 2015 Marlborough Wine Show, Class 2a
AWARD WINNER – 3½ Stars + Best Value Buy – Winestate, Special Edition 2015
AWARD WINNER – Best Value Buy – Winestate, Annual Edition 2016
AWARD WINNER – Silver Medal – 2014 Spiegelau International Wine Competition, Class 7a
AWARD WINNER – 3 Stars – Winestate, March/April 2014
*Vintages may vary from store to store and when delivered. Every effort is made to ensure the current vintage is displayed, however variations can occur.
ALDI supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is illegal to purchase alcohol for people under 18.